Wednesday 15 June 2011

Hungarian, tyres & penguins, oh my! The wonder from Central St Martins Graduates.

I had thought all my posts on GFW had finished…that was until I came upon the wonder that is Central St Martins.

As you know, (if you don’t you certainly should!), everyone worth their salt has attend St Martins, Christopher Kane, Phoebe Philo & of course Alexander the great. So you do expect something a little bit special/different from St Martins……

The winner: Flaminia Saccucci

The look: Floral, printed, Latex.

Loved: The legs…how they looked like tyre tracks that continued beyond the tights….ingenious.

Reminds me: The of the elegance of Erdem with a mix of Christopher Kane for impact.

1st Runner Up: Nicholas Aburn

The Look: Brown penguin jackets with Spanish hats.

Loved: The hats!

Reminds me: Not sure….which shows it's totally original.

2nd Runner Up: Momo Wang

The Look: Hungarian Folk dancers.

Loved: Just how bonkers it was, while maintaining a subtle color palette.

Reminds me: A little, teenie-weenie bit of Galliano’s A/W’09 collection, the Turkish snow storm one, remember? But a much more tongue and cheek version.

(Source: ftape.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment